Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Something to remember

As memories pile up, it becomes harder to locate individual ones. What we want to remember gets buried. We are left to the here and now.

The things we would wish to forget often rise to the surface. It is like the desire to not recall a certain color. You will now be fixated upon it.

Those we care for should never be forgotten. Though their lives may have passed, they live on within. Deep in our hearts, there they remain.

Do not let your memory cover the bumps and bruises. If you do, your recollection will no longer be of them. It will be your own invention.

Celebrate the person and not the myth. It is easy to deceive ourselves for the sake of comfort. But a lie can do nothing to change the reality.

What will be remembered when we are gone? Is our legacy one of darkness or light? Let your deeds shine so bright they cannot be forgotten.

6 comments:

  1. Our lives have an impact on others, memories of our deeds can inspire but also can destroy. If we choose the WAY of light our path will live a legacy of love that will uplift others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is an island. The things we do affect others in ways we might not realize. Make sure your deeds are worth remembering.

      Delete
  2. I just wanna say that there are a lot of people who go into a safe place in their heads. This leads to psychological problems. It's not healthy. You can go too far in the other direction too and become extremely cynical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honesty keeps everything in balance. It does not give a false sense of security. And it will not let you wallow in self pity.

      Delete
  3. I barely remember anyone. It is as if I am dreaming and if I awake, I'll forget everything. I miss my mom... but not really. I love to visit friends and family... but not really. It is as if I am living in the fog of a sleepy imagination. The thoughts AND feelings seem unreal. I do think that will change. I do think my every thought and feeling shall return to me as a reality dear to me. I'll finally really be here. I do understand what you meant, so feel appreciated. I never ignore you. Peace Be With You, my friend. I'll be meeting you FOR REAL very soon. I'll remember you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked for a friend and He sent me His. There are many memories from the last few decades which I treasure. I look forward to meeting you, my friend.

      Delete